Wednesday 16 May 2012

SOS! Tips to Save Our Skin this Summer


I don't want to get ahead of myself, but it feels like summer.  So what if a light jacket is still required, and I haven't readied my toes with the inaugural pre-summer pedicure?  The sun is shining, the parks and beaches are at capacity, and my mind's on what everyone needs to kick off the summer in a beautiful way.

I recently "Digged" an article touting the benefits of powder sunscreens.  Ladies-listen up.  Sunscreen that isn't oily, heavy, shiny or smelly.  These are lightweight mineral blends that are perfect for sensitive skin, and can be brushed on after makeup application, or anytime throughout the day.

Bare Minerals SPF 30 Natural Sunscreen, $35
Sephora.ca

Another summer must-have is a cooling spray or mist. These accompany me on flights throughout the year, and stay in my purse all summer long. They give the skin a refreshing wake-up, and can hydrate even the most tired and dull looking of complexions. A cool-down for baking in the sun, and a wake-up for long hours at the office-don't start your summer without one! 



Ren Tonic Moisture Mist, $35
Kiss and Makeup, Park Royal Village

If you are feeling more winter white than summer bronze, check out Clarins Delicious Self-Tanning Cream.  Enriched with shea butter, it rubs in like a dream, and is formulated for the face and decolletage meaning no break-outs!  Just because it says for the face doesn't mean you can't spread it out-literally.  It's ultra-rich, and looks and feels great on arms and legs as well.  Slightly pricey for a self-tanner, but worth every penny for a natural brown glow with no lingering odor.

Clarins Delicious Self-Tanning Cream, $42
Sephora.ca

Put your best face forward this summer, add to my must-haves collection!  Do you have any summer favorites that I must know about?  Spread the beauty and fashion love.

XO

-T



2 comments:

  1. You have educated me - I had never heard about lightweight mineral blends as sunscreen. I am totally going to buy this product because it's not oily, heavy or smelly like traditional sunscreens. Thanks so much for the tip. My skin thanks you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cindy,

    Thanks for the comments! Glad I could educate you on the benefits of mineral sunscreens. They're a great alternative to lotions, and ideal for sensitive skin!

    -T

    ReplyDelete