Thursday 28 June 2012

MAC Cosmetics on Facebook - The Ultimate Beauty Creeping

Due to the wonders of modern technology, rainy days allow me to shop and browse beauty from the comfort of my couch.  With an afternoon of too much time on my hands, I decided to sneak a peak at MAC Cosmetics on Facebook.  I don't tend to spend much time on corporate or company Facebook pages (even if they are beauty related), but needed a beauty fix immediately.  I found it, at MAC's official Facebook page.

 
Their page has 3,511,890 "likes", and 45,576 people are "talking about this".  High numbers aside, MAC's Facebook page is surprisingly informative.  They feature links to helpful videos offering beauty tips, as well as live chats with MAC Pro Artists.  Their photo albums are divine, and offer a sneak peek into backstage fashion shows this season from Paris, Tokyo, Sydney, and Dubai-just to name a few!




MAC's Facebook page allows outside posts, videos, and pictures relating to the line, so makeup artists take note-your work could even be featured! MAC engages with their followers, and responds to questions posted on links and photos. They also offer contests and giveaways, including a trip to Paris!

One downside to their site is the inconsistency in updating content. New content doesn't appear every day, or even every second day. Truthfully, that didn't bother me much. I was too busy ogling photo albums of fashion shows, and models painted in rainbow colors. Thanks to the MAC Cosmetics Facebook page, I now have an even longer shopping list.

Would you "like" your favorite beauty brand on Facebook just to be able to enter their contests?  I'd say a free trip to Paris is reason enough for me!

XO

T

No comments:

Post a Comment