Sunday 24 June 2012

Blo Me Dry - Blo Dry Bar gets mixed reviews


After too many days struggling with my poor mangled locks, I think I've had enough. We've both reached our breaking point (quite literally) and are seeking relief.

I have decided hair salvation should come in the form of a refreshing visit to Blo, the Vancouver-based salon franchise known for its quick 30 minute style sessions for $35.  No cuts, no color, just wash, blow, go.  I wanted to do some research however, before opening my wallet to "blowers" who are not all certified hair stylists.

I decided to use some basic social media testing skills to see what local Vancouverites really thought of Blo Blow Dry Bars. I included all three locations in my test (the locations being Yaletown, South Granville, and Four Seasons) and used a 3 point rating system. +1 is a positive review, 0 is a neutral review, and -1 is a negative review. Based on Yelp reviews, Blo's scores are somewhat mixed, with positive reviews slightly outweighing negative ones. 

Out of ten reviews I read, six were extremely positive, and earned a +1 on the rating scale.

"I felt absolutely beautiful for my wedding, as did my bridesmaids and the moms.  We all got so many compliments on our hair, and the photos looked amazing.  Thanks for being a part of my special day Blo!" -Erin H.

One was fairly neutral, 0 on my rating scale.  

"Liked the pink and white decor at the Granville location.  Had a newbie stylist, so needless to say not the best hair I've got.  Customer service is good.  Would recommend to try, but make sure you get an seasoned stylist." -Amy P.

And three Blo reviews were extremely negative, -1 hands down.

"Blo is a great concept and was very good until it was sold to new owners. Now all the good stylists are gone and the service is awful. Some stylists are so bad they rip and tear the hair. Pay a few dollars more and go to a salon where stylists are properly trained and skilled. Blo now has high turnover with minimal training. Most have never worked with hair before." -Ali A.

All in all, more positive reviews than negative.  While I was slightly scared off by the painful-sounding negative reviews, for $35 it could be worth trying for a night out!  Stay tuned for my personal review after my visit!

Xo

T


2 comments:

  1. Hey Tlell,

    Try not to be scared! I love Blo - I've been to the Yaletown and S. Granville locations, and have never had a bad 'do. I even had them do my and my bridesmaids' hair on my wedding day. If that doesn't say trust, I don't know what does. ;)

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the vote of confidence Jen! I'm looking forward to trying them for my next special event :)

    ReplyDelete